Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Afternoon Light


Oil 5" x 7.5" unframed
$100 + $10 shipping
Sold
I am working on a 24 x 36 version of this for the Florida gallery. The large one has been sitting on the floor of my studio for several weeks now- the lay in done and a first pass on the sky- but a long way from finished. I often do small studies before starting a larger piece to work out ideas about composition and color harmony. My first teacher- Ned Jacob- always said "if it doesn't work small, it won't work large." He was right, of course, but what I have also found over the years is just because it works small doesn't mean it will work large. I hope this isn't one of those!

2 comments:

Cooper Dragonette said...

Wowzers! Great one here Deborah. Takes me back to old Florida, and reminds me a bit of Remington.

Deborah Paris said...

Thanks Cooper. I am a big fan of Remington's late work- especially the nocturnes-so that's a big compliment!