Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Winter Field-A Bluebird Day

Winter Field- A Bluebird Day Oil 6 x 6
$100 + $10 shipping

Sunday afternoon my husband and I took a ride. It was what he calls a bluebird day- meaning a winter day with blue skies and mild temperatures. The bright blue sky reflecting in the puddles in this field just made my day.


Cooper Dragonette said...

Hi Deborah,
This piece is dynamite! I thought only my sister and her husband used the term "bluebird day" out in Wyoming!
All the best for 2008!

Don Gray said...

Great simplicity--could almost be a Rothko, with its pared-down quality. Very fine.

Deborah Paris said...

Hi Cooper. Thank you! My husband is originally from Nebraska (right next door to WY) so perhaps it is a regional thing. Happy new Year !

Deborah Paris said...

Hi Don. I appreciate that comment- Rothko is one of the few abstract painters whose work I like- some of my color harmonies are definitely influenced by him,so thanks!