Saturday, March 15, 2008

Twilight at Honey Grove Creek


Twilight at Honey Grove Creek Oil 10 x 10
Sold

On my way home from Dallas last weekend, I took a new route. I discovered some wonderful countryside and several new creeks and streams. With so much rain/snow the previous week, all the newly plowed fields had puddles and flooded areas- favorite motifs for me. But who could resist a creek called Honey Grove?

I had intended to write my second post about the Turner show and post it this weekend. It's all composed in my head and I've even written a little outline, but the studio called today. Tomorrow- I promise.

4 comments:

Suzanne McDermott said...

Very evocative. Love the gold. What sort of surface do you paint these small pieces on?

Deborah Paris said...

Hi Suzanne. Thank you! I work on a medium texture linen which is alkyd primed (although I use oil primed from time to time)and mounted on foam board or gator board if its a larger piece. The glazes would probably work better on something smooth like masonite but I just can't get the dry brush thing going on that surface.
Thanks for visiting!

Cooper Dragonette said...

Deborah, This is really super. You've really managed to strike all the right notes with such minimal color and information. A very strong piece and completely inspiring.

Deborah Paris said...

Thanks Cooper- this one sort of fell off my brush- doesn't happen often but its nice when it does!