Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Spring!



After a couple of false starts and a late snow, it appears Spring has finally arrived in northeast Texas. The red bud trees are all in bloom and the woods are filled with the intoxicating scent of wild plum trees.

Every year since we moved here I have planned to do several spring paintings but I am always in the middle of other painting deadlines. Although, I have the same problem this year, I am determined to paint Spring this year-even if it takes me until Fall to do it!







Update: I saw a hummingbird this afternoon!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing those spring photos... we have sleet and strong winds after a couple of glorious days!

Janelle Goodwin said...

I recently subscribed to Southwest Art magazine through a college student selling magazines. I received my copy today and saw the article about you. Oh my goodness. Your painting just leaps off the page and definitely stands out from the other artists featured. Beautiful!

Deborah Paris said...

Hi Rahina. It snowed the day after we planted the garden,but we covered it and it seems to be doing fine. Hang on, it will be there soon!

Thanks Janelle-glad you like it!