Thursday, May 20, 2010

Spring Moonrise

Spring Moonrise
24 x 30

Available at Huff Harrington Fine Art, Atlanta

Six weeks ago I promised myself I would do a few spring paintings, even if it took me until fall. Here is the first of those. I was interested in that pinkish undertone much of the foliage has in the spring and how that might play against the moonrise and of course those greens. It is an incredibly delicate balance of color harmony that only lasts for a few weeks, a limited engagement for those paying close attention.

7 comments:

Caroline Simmill said...

A very gentle and serene painting Deborah. I can see the colours are very different during the spring time.

Lisa McShane said...

Spring! I think I'll give spring a try :)

hmuxo said...

Love "Spring Moonrise". Such a peaceful painting. I would love to be there right now. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your paintings.

Lynne E. Windsor said...

Beautiful Deborah, really lovely.

Katherine Kean said...

This does have a feel of spring tenderness Deborah - subtle and breathtaking at the same time.

Deborah Paris said...

Hi Caroline. Thank you!


You do that Lisa...:)

Thank you hmuxo.

Glad you like it Lynne- enjoyed the pics you posted from etching on Facebook (jealous!)


Thank you Katherine. I appreciate your comment.

Anonymous said...

This painting is beautiful. Moons and evenings are so full of mood and feeling. You have captured both so well. Susan