Saturday, December 3, 2011

Autumn, Farewell

Autumn Road
16 x 20
Available at Hildt Galleries, Chicago

One of the many things I love about fall in northeast Texas is how long it lasts. From early October right through December, there is a constantly changing show of subtle autumn color, increasingly mixed with bare branches and set off by the dark greens of the pines and cedars. This year, despite the drought and perhaps because of it, the color has been a bit more saturated. The wonderful rains that finally came provided enough moisture to turn all the fields an emerald green, creating a delicious color harmony.

This little side road runs off the main route I take on my morning walks.


detail

2 comments:

Casey Klahn said...

I am really thrilled when you post these detail images with your works. More, please.

Especially since I don't get to see your art in person.

Deborah Paris said...

Thanks Casey. I have been trying to take detail shots recently. Glad you enjoy them!