Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Whistler (and me !) at BYU

A few weeks ago I was contacted by a curator at the BYU Museum of Art. They are having an exhibit of prints by James McNeill Whistler at the museum and were looking for images to demonstrate the process of making a drypoint. They asked if I would be willing to let them use some of the images I had posted on this blog explaining the technique. Of course, I said yes!. Today I received these images showing the photo credits (including an image of one of my prints!) and how they are displayed at the exhibit. You can click on them for a larger view.




The last image is one of my drypoints.




Here's a link to more information about the exhibit. http://cfacweb.byu.edu/departments/moa









12 comments:

Lisa McShane said...

Exciting!

Deborah Paris said...

Thanks Lisa and Philip!

Gaye Sekula: Impressions said...

That is AWESOME, Deborah! Congratulations!!!

Susan Hammer said...

Wow, Deborah, awesome!

Deborah Paris said...

Thanks Gaye and Susan. It's cool!

Deborah said...

Very cool, Deborah! I'm so glad to discover your drypoint work. I loved doing drypoint and etching years ago but haven't ever gotten back into it. It's so delicate and beautiful. I'm off to look into what you've done.

Jo-Ann Sanborn said...

Terrific! Congrats.

Lynne E. Windsor said...

That's fantastic Deborah... we have to keep the dry point alive! Well done!
Merry Christmas too... I am here in NM for a while. x

Casey Klahn said...

I am glad that you use drypoint technique and it is fun to see how you've shared this on your blog. The BYU people may have to think about exhibiting more of these by you, Deborah, because your work is seriously masterful.

And, I am only getting more respectful of Whistler with time. Very nice exposure for you, but I think they need one of your drypoints for real.

Deborah Paris said...

thanks Deborah, JoAnn and Lynne.

Thanks Casey. From your lips to God's ear...:)

loriann signori said...

Wow that's fantastic Deborah! Congrats!

Terry Strickland said...

Awesome! They are lucky to have you. The show looks great. I've never tried drypoint but would like to some day.