Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Work in Progress - The Oak Grove


It's been hot as a firecracker here in northeast Texas since I got back from Colorado, so Luna and I have been staying in the studio working on paintings for fall exhibitions. This is a 36 x 48 which I wrote about here. I did the underpainting before I left for Colorado. 




Since returning home, I've done a quite a bit of work on it, but there are still many painting sessions to go. One of the challenges has been balancing the amount of information needed for the nearer trees and those in the distance, and of course making sure the sense of atmosphere and mood is not lost.


Here's a detail of the main large tree in the foreground.


And here is Luna- exhausted from a hard day in the studio.


1 comment:

Linda Schweitzer said...

It's wonderful! The atmosphere and mood really pull me in.